Tuesday 28 July 2009

Back to Hard Work

Well after my last run of a mile and running for 12.38 solid I thought I'd carry on and start week 4 which is run for 7 mins walk for 3 mins. Wasn't expecting it to be too hard as I'd proved to myself I could run for 12 mins. How wrong I was.

I set off with the run part and by 2 mins into it it felt really hard. Breathing wasn't right to start with.
When I set off I went the other way round the circuit I normally do, going up my road. I know its uphill but its really gradual so I didn't think it would make a difference. It was also quite blustery and head wind and this made it so much difference. I felt I was back at the beginning and I really wanted to stop and go haome and try again later. I didn't and Im pleased I didn't give up but it wasn't a very pleasant experience.

On the 2nd run part it felt easier. This maybe because some of it was sheltered. Never the less the heavens opened and I was soaked through. I his under a tree for 2 mins of my walk bit but it had started to thunder so I thought Id better press on and get home.

Just standing instead of walking the rest bit between the second and third run made things so much harder. My legs felt so heavy and stiff at the start of the third run, they did soon loosen up but it made the whole of the last run as hard as the first. I walked my last 3 mins which acted as my cool down.

This was one of the hardest runs I've done, but I need to stay positive that I completed it as hard as it was.

Just dont want to injure myself or make these tendon strains worse so I did do cool down stretches as always.

Today my foot and shin still feel a bit sore but I dont think its enough to stop me.

Got 2 more sessions on week 4, next run either wednesday or thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment